Required Education and Experience
Required Education: MS / MBA, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Required Experience: 3-5 years intellectual property licensing or commercialization experience
Preferred Education, Experience & Cert/Lic
Preferred Education: PhD
Preferred Experience: 2-3 years’ experience in technology transfer/business development.
Additional Technical Requirements
- Advanced knowledge of business practices related to intellectual property protection and commercialization.
- General understanding of the academic medical research enterprise.
- Excellent attention to details.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently while functioning effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to work efficiently with a broad range of constituents including faculty investigators, staff, attorneys, research sponsors and industry representatives.
- Familiarity with marketing, negotiating, intellectual property law, and agreement drafting.
- Knowledge and respect for policies, procedures, and practices related to federally and other funded research activities and intellectual property.
- Excellent computer skills, including usage of databases.
- Ability to understand and integrate business and scientific information.
- Ability to establish priorities, meet deadlines, and carry multiple, complex, extended projects through to completion.
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for its patients, family members, visitors and employees. In an effort to achieve this goal, employment at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, other than for positions with regularly scheduled hours in New Jersey, is contingent upon an attestation that the job applicant does not use tobacco products or nicotine in any form and a negative nicotine screen (the latter occurs after a job offer).
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.